Saturday 30 October 2010

So....an Apple Car?

I was only really saying words when i mentioned the 'apple car' idea, but I've not been able to stop thinking about it since?? I believe that Apple, as a company would fit quite nicely with my idea of simplistic user friendly travel. They would be the ones who make parallel parking easy, the ones who incorporate cameras and screens into a car. They would make it so simple, functional and minimleist, yet it would be so easy to drive.

Sure 'real' car drivers would condemn it because of its toy like interface. They would hate that they couldn't customize it. They would hate giving money to Steve Jobs. Yes some people like apple some people hate apple. I personally quite like them. but why?

I grew up with PC's. I was playing games on Windows 95. I experienced the amazing upgrade to 98. I had to go through with the annoyance of ME. I was satisfied with XP, then vista happend. Any way, for this whole time, i went through a whole lot of computers. almost as if they were disposable pieces of technology. once buying one, it was only 3 or so years before it was so chugged up and out of date, you would need to get a new one.

Then Apple. I got a Macbook pro when I joined Ravensbourne and i'm still yet to find a fault. I've had no problems. Conecting to ANYTHING is very easy. Its all about user interface and the end user experience. I guess windows invites people (to an extent) to customise and change their opporating system. Where as mac force you to leave it alone and concerntaite on your work.

I'm totally rambleing but i guess the point i'm trying to make is that if i follow through and design an Apple iStrafe, then it will be 100% about functionality and end user experience. None of the experiemental Grime that you would get with the Windows Office Strafe 2011 with all sharp corners and paperclips poking out EVERYWHERE.

anyway. heres an existing apple car. then a car shaped like an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers