Saturday 30 October 2010

Why is this blog called StrafeBike?

Because this is my idea. Done, ready to hand in.

No. So during our introduction to this unit, i ganed two important pieces of inspiration. I loved the idea of the chop shop bikes, taking new concepts to travel. And also the exercise we took part in wth comming up with a new form of transport. Although my group wasnt too impressed with my idea, I simply loved it! I know, i'm so modest.

So my idea: Strafe bike, the bike which can travel in 360 degrees. Remember when your gaming and you slide left and right to come in and out of cover? well thats strafing. That concept could also fit well with transport and parallel parking! Now there is one slight flaw to the name "strafe BIKE" which implies that there are defiantly 2 stabelizing wheels on my contraption. Although that is what the name suggests, and what I have drawn in the AMAZING 6 hour drawing above, i do not want to be tied down to this.

So what i mean is, it could turn out to be a strafe car, bike, trike ect. The absolute first thing i want to do before any sort of idea development is to research on some of the topics Alex touched on in his tutorial. So Choppers will most likely be the focus in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers